Like many people we know, we have cut back on the number of presents under the tree. But by being mindful, and buying only things created by artists that we know – art objects, music, a night out at the theater, a meal at a friends restaurant – we are still giving plenty of gifts.
Unwrapping the present is just the beginning.
When you buy art as a gift:
- You are introducing the recipient to a new talented artist.
- You are helping the artist sustain their art practice.
- You are adding your dollars to the creative economy.
- You are opting out of traditional retail.
- You are expanding the artist’s audience.
- You are giving a kick-ass unique present!
Here are a few talents I would like to introduce you to today: