I’m celebrating my 16th year of exhibiting at the Plaza Art Fair! I’ve learned a few tips and met some great people along the way…
- Do you ever wonder how the artists are selected to exhibit in the art fair? You can tune in to channel 41 to find out! As a member of this year’s selection jury, I will be on KC Live, Tuesday, September 22 between 10-11am to explain the process of choosing the artists to participate. You can preview the artist we chose here on the Plaza Art Fair’s new website.
- One of our closest friends, Beth Bojarski, from Milwaukee, WI created the artwork for the 2015 Plaza Art Fair billboards, postcards and t-shirts. Be sure to visit her in booth #242 early in the show as she is sure to sell out.
- Want to receive a free Plaza Art Fair t-shirt? Sign up for a volunteer shift and you’ll not only get a free t-shirt and beverages, but you’ll get a backstage peek at what it takes to make this amazing festival happen. (If you want to get a sense of what it is like to exhibit, choose a shift as a artist booth-sitter.)
- Anytime is a great time to attend the art fair, but the best time for viewing the artwork without the crowd is before noon on Saturday and early in the day on Sunday.
- I am lucky to share my corner of Nichols and Central with the KKFI 90.1 community music stage this year. (I have not felt as lucky about the proximity of the stage in the past, but our good friend Bill Sundahl is programming it this year. Yea Bill!) No matter which day or days you attend the festival, you will be able to see some of our favorite musicians and some of our very closest friends. Full music schedule is here but these are my special picks close to my booth:
- Parking is always free in the many Plaza parking garages. I recommend the Seville garage and then a easy stroll down Nichols Ave to my booth.
- Don’t want to mess with parking? How about riding your bike or a Bcycle? Bicycle rack parking is available near my booth (behind Classic Cup). And we will gladly make free artwork delivery arrangements because artwork in your bike basket just looks silly!
Do you want to get tips like these directly to your inbox when I am exhibiting in your area?
Sign up now.
I promise I won’t fill your email box with loads of junk or share your information with anyone – just invitations and tips when I am showing in your area.