We are so lucky!
I’d like to introduce you to another great friend and my favorite story teller, Kina Crow. Her stories take the form of sculptures and paintings that tell volumes with the simplest of gestures and the fewest words. At first glance, they are witty and funny and we have a chuckle. Then we begin to realize that Kina is very gently poking at a truth much deeper, and in the process giving us all permission to laugh at ourselves.
Her brevity makes them all the more poignant – I am trying to take a lesson! So I will let Kina share her story with you – she can do it much better than me.
Meet more great artists that have already been featured in my “Buy Personal” series. Subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any of the great makers coming up!
- Erin McGrane and Jeff Freling – Music
- Audrey Heller – Photography
- Mychal Mitchell – Handcrafted Books
- Lulu Smith – Jewelry
- The Monocle – Performing Arts Group
- Pamela Summers and Raymond Rains – Ceramics and Glass
- Jacob Berkowitz – Non-Fiction
- Sage Billig – Children’ Clothing
- Chris McCarthy – Glass
- Justin Teilhet – Ceramics
- Tommy Donoho and Justin Penney – Music/Record Label
- Gregory Story – Ceramics
- Former me – photography
- David Wayne Reed – Performer/writer
- Jeweler round-up – Jewelry
- Cathy Broski – Ceramic Sculptor
- Jim Brown – Mixed Media
- Jay McDougall – Wood Sculpture
- Kyle Dahlquist – Music
- Barclay Martin – Music
- Visual artist round-up #1 – Paint, Mixed Media, Fiber, Printmaking